Civil Project Engineer
Warehaus is currently seeking to hire an experienced Project Engineer to join our Civil Engineering team. The Project Engineer will be responsible for the technical design elements of the project, including but not limited to Stormwater, Sanitary, Erosion and Sedimentation Control, etc. This position is also responsible for mentoring and developing technical design staff within the Civil Team. The qualified individual will need to be a leader and a team player with strong client relations, communication, planning, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Design and layout of technical elements such as sanitary sewer and stormwater conveyance systems, erosion and sedimentation control, including post construction stormwater management facilities, site layout and grading, and NPDES permitting
- Preparation of bond estimates
- Preparation of regulatory applications
- Sealing site plans and reports; performing QA/QC
- Performing site visits and BMP installation inspections
- AutoCAD Civil 3D design/drafting for the preparation of site plans and conceptual layouts
- CAD support for the design staff
- Ordinance review & site visits
- Meetings with municipal professionals
- Preparing project designs and reports
- Preparing plans, specifications, and contract documents to enable the bidding of projects
- Preparation of Flood Studies
- Serving as a construction field engineer during construction of projects which includes:
- Working with contractors to resolve construction related issues or changes
- Interpreting designs and specifications as required
- Preparation of work change directives and/or change orders
- Completing project permitting requirements
- Providing project review, QA/QC, and compliance to client specific requirements
- Representing client, project, and/or Warehaus at various meetings
- Shop drawing review
Applicants Must Possess the Minimum Following Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in PA, required
- Five (5) years’ experience in land development, subdivision design, and the permitting process as a licensed Professional Engineer
- Proficient with AutoCAD (Civil 3D Preferred), Hydraflow Storm Sewers, Hydraflow Hydrographs, HydroCAD
- Knowledge of the PA planning and zoning process, NPDES
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals
- Ability to travel, as required
- Experience with design of Highway Occupancy Permits a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly/Annual Bonus Opportunities
- Flexible Work Environment
- Self-Managed Time Off
- 11 Annual Holidays (including week after Christmas)
- Medical Insurance – 3 competitive plan choices to fit your individual needs
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – Paid in full by Warehaus
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance – Paid in full by Warehaus
- FSA Account
- 401K Retirement Plan, 100% Vested, Employer Match (Up to 4%)
- Tuition Reimbursement/Professional License Fees
- Employee Engagement Program with Monthly Monetary Rewards
- Company Store with Warehaus-Paid Stipends
Warehaus is an award-winning architecture, design and engineering firm based in York, Pennsylvania. The firm was originally founded in 1980 as Land Survey Consultants. Since then, the company has evolved to become a multi-disciplinary firm offering architecture, civil engineering and land planning, structural engineering, building sciences, and historic preservation. Warehaus’ work was recently recognized by the AIA Central Pennsylvania, awarding an Excellence in Design Award in 2022. To learn more about Warehaus, visit www.warehausae.com.
We are design partners who guide you through a collaborative experience with a common purpose, to deliver well-crafted solutions that benefit our clients, employees, shareholders, and communities.
To be the most trusted and respected design partner in our region by fostering an inclusive culture, committing to growth, and consistently delivering exceptional solutions with measurable results.
Conscience: I am accountable for my actions.
Collaboration: I am a partner.
Curiosity: I seek out knowledge so I can grow.
Conservation: I respect time, energy and resources.