Architecture, Structural Engineering
Reconstructing Historic Housing
Carlisle Barracks is the second oldest army installation, dating back to 1745, when British soldiers created the “Camp near Carlisle.” In December 1776, the Continental Congress authorized establishment of an ordnance center at Washingtonburg, as the Barracks was called during the Revolutionary War. Carlisle Barracks is now an Installation Management Agency installation supporting the U.S. Army War College, a field operating agency of the U.S. Army, which educates and prepares military officers for leadership at the highest levels.
Warehaus prepared drawings and specifications for reconstruction of historic features of housing along Pratt Avenue, Lovell Avenue, Quarters 1,2 and 3, as well as Coren Apartments.
Repairs at the Barracks include exterior envelope restoration, porch and railing restorations, slate roof replacement and water conveyance systems evaluation. Warehaus also provided roof hatch and access ladder design, residential storm water design and a pipe camera investigation of underground water conveyance systems. Warehaus’ structural team evaluated the integrity of the porches and balconies as well.
Before and after photos are featured below.